To turn your ebooks into audio books, just follow these easy instructions:
Instructions for Amazon Alexa:
- If your ebook is on your Home shelf, just say: “Alexa, read [book title].”
- If your ebook isn’t on your Home shelf, go to your Books shelf. Then say, “Alexa, read [book title].” (The book needs to be visible to you for Alexa to read it.)
Instructions for Apple’s Siri:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech.
- Turn the Speak Screen function On.
- Open the book you want Siri to read and do one of the following:
- Swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen and Siri will read the text displayed on the screen.
- Ask Siri to “Read Screen” and Siri will read any text that’s currently displayed, no matter what app you’re in.
To keep the story from being interrupted if your device goes into sleep mode:
- Go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock.
- Ensure Auto-Lock is set to Never. (For security purposes, be sure to turn Auto-Lock back on when you take a break from your book.)